What is an aadhar card? This refers to a 12-digit number which is unique that is given to each and every Indian Citizen by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is processed biometrically and it stores the personal details of an individual in the government database. Getting the card is a voluntary process in India. This card comes with a number of benefits to Indian residents. In this article, you will be able to learn how to check Aadhar Card Status, Aadhar Card Download enquiry online by name & date of birth via UIDAI website eaadhar.uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.net.in
How to apply for Aadhar Card in India
The following is the procedure followed when applying for an Aadhar Card:
- Step 1: One needs to locate and avail themselves to an authorized Aadhaar enrollment center with their identity together with their address proof.
- Step 2: Once at the center, one needs to fill out the forms available at the center or can even download the forms online, print out, fill and take the filled form to the center. This greatly saves on time and is the most advised way.
- Step 3: During enrollment time, an iris scan will be performed on you, your finger-prints and also your photo will be taken. This is the time that you can review the details you provided and if necessary make any corrections.
- Step 4: Once everything is ok, you will be given an acknowledgement slip that you will have until you get the original copy of your aadhar card status enquiry.
- Step 5: The details you gave will be verified centrally before you are given your original Aadhar Card.
- Step 6: If the verification process was a success, you will first receive a short message or email notification, later after a few days, your Aadhar number will be printed and sent to your address through post.
Once you are through with the application process of your Aadhar card, you need to track the status of your card.
How to check Aadhar Card Status and Aadhar Card Download?
After applying for your aadhar card, it is only prudent to track and check your card status so as to know what process it has reached or how long will it take for you to receive your card. The following are some of the ways in which you can track or check your aadhar card status:
Checking your Aadhar Card Status through UIDAI website
To online check your aadhar card status you need to follow the procedure below:
- Step 1: The first step is to visit the UIDAI website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) through this link UIDAI.gov.in.
- Step 2: Towards the right bottom of your screen move to the place written ‘Aadhar Services’ section. This section displays a link to ‘Enrollment/Download E-aadhar/update.
- Step 3: Once you have clicked the link, move to the third option on the left, which is written ‘Check Aadhar Status’ and click it.
- Step 4: Clicking this will take you to a page where you can check the status of your Aadhar card, once you fill the following fields:
- 4.1 Enrollment ID and your date exactly as it appears on your enrollment slip.
- 4.2 Next you need to enter the security code displayed on the screen. This is to confirm that you are a human being and not a robot.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Check Status’ button at the bottom of the screen. This will enable you check our card’s status whether ready to download or not.
Checking your Aadhar Card Status using your mobile phone with toll-free number:
- Step 1: The first step is to take your mobile phone and dial 1800-300-1947 this is a toll-free number.
- Step 2: Once the call has been received, enter all the details that will be asked during the process.
- Step 3: Once all the details have been entered, you will be able to track the status of your aadhar card.
Using an SMS to check your Aadhar Card Status
In the absence of an internet connection, one can still track their aadhar card status via an SMS that is charged at normal SMS rate:
- Step 1: You need to type this text “UID STATUS( 14 digit enrollment number) for instance, IUD STATUS 12345678904578
- Step 2: The second step is to send this SMS to the number 51969 all the letters are supposed to be capitalized.
- Step 3: Once sent, you will be able to receive a message with all the information regarding the status of your aadhar card.
- Step 4: In case your card has already been issued, a text will be sent to you showing your card’s number, if not yet, a text will be sent showing the present status of your aadhar card.
Checking the Aadhar Card Status without Acknowledgement Details
In case you forgot your enrollment number or you lost your acknowledgement slip, you can still check the status of your card using the following procedure:
- Step 1: The first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI UIDAI.gov.in
- Step 2: You then need to scroll down to the ‘Aadhaar services’ towards the screen’s bottom and click.
- Step 3: The next page will show a button saying ‘Find UID/EID’ this is the fourth link on the left side of the screen. Click here.
- Step 4: You will be asked whether you want to get your Aadhar lost number or the Enrollment lost number.
- Step 5: If you want your Enrollment Number, Click EID option.
- Step 6: Following this, you will need to enter the following details: full name, email address or phone number
- Step 7: Enter the security code shown on the screen.
- Step 8: The next step is to click the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Step 9: Once you receive the OTP on your phone or through email, enter it in the ‘Enter OTP’ space.
- Step 10: Click the ‘Verify OTP’ button
- Step 11: This will enable you receive your enrollment number through text or email. You will use the number to check your card status.
Aadhar Card Download enquiry from official site
- Step 1: The first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Step 2: Enter required information like Aadhar number / Enrollment number, pin code, full name, etc.
आधार कार्ड स्टेटस, आधार कार्ड डाउनलोड
- Step 3: Verify one time password which will be sent to your mobile.
If you find difficulty when download Aadhar Card, this video guides you about Aadhar Card Download enquiry.
Benefits of having an aadhar card
- This card establishes how unique each and every individual in India is in terms of demography and biometric fingerprints together with retina scans.
- Aadhar card can be linked to mobile phone connections, banking among other governmental and non-governmental services.
- Since it can easily be verified online, this card reduces the risks of fake identification.
- The unique number generated is random therefore does not discriminate in terms of religion, caste, class or even geographical location.
- This card is also used as an authentication for insurance, vehicle purchase, new gas connections among other important services.
- With this card you are assured of getting your passport processed faster as compared to a person who does not possess the card.
Now i think you can know clearly about Aadhar Card Status, Aadhar Card Download enquiry. This Aadhar Card is acquired and issued voluntarily to Indian Citizens as it proves identity and also address. Any individual no matter the age or gender can acquire it provided he/she has satisfied the verification process required. The enrollment process is free. Hurry and get your Aadhar Card now and enjoy all the exceptions it comes with.